There are two important rules about discounts: “Always ask for a discount” and “Ask for discount for everything”.
The trick is to ask politely and show respect for people. You might not get a discount, but with some persistence and kindness, the chances are very high.
The template of how to ask for a discount
- Greet the company or if you know the name of the person greet personally
- Thank for service or feature you like
- Show respect and give the company right to say no
- Ask “How can I get a discount?”
- Give a reason why to have a discount. It can be a big purchase, that you are a new client, your birthday is coming or something else. Don’t lie.
- Thank again.
Hello, dear Amazon!
Thank you for your wonderful service! I greatly respect the policy of the company. And I will understand if you can’t answer my request.
I am thinking of getting a premium subscription for a year. Can you please tell me how can I get a discount?
Thank you for your time.
It may happen that you will get a rejection. And it means that negotiations started! Thank again a person who replied and asks for a different deal: three months for the price of two, a gift card or something else.
Be kind, use the template and ask for discounts.